Welcome to Stone Cross, Pevensey Bay & Westham Surgery
Our doctors, nurses and staff take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, Warfarin monitoring, childhood vaccinations, sexual health, contraception including coils and implants and cryotherapy.
There is a ramp into the Pevensey Bay Medical Surgery and consulting rooms are available on the ground floor level. Both the Westham and Stone Cross Surgeries are all on ground level and have good disabled access.
There is designated parking for disabled patients in our car park at Stone Cross and Westham Surgery.
We are currently contacting all patient Over 65 (Group 5) to book them for their Covid vaccination.
If you have not heard from the surgery and are aged 65 and over please contact the surgery on 01323 761461 to arrange an appointment.
If you are aged under 75, please do not contact the surgery regarding the vaccination programme. Our staff will be in contact with you shortly.
Thank you for you patience and understanding at this very challenging time.
Please see below link for further details and information on the Goverment list of high priority groups:
Please note that we are unable to supply exemption letters for the wearing of face masks.
Please see the following link
Warning over COVID vaccination scams
Be on your guard against fraudulent text and email messages as new scams are being sent to patients.
People are receiving a text or email notification of their ‘vaccination appointment’ and are being asked to confirm it by clicking on a link.
This looks very similar to the genuine texts being sent to patients to arrange their appointments at the GP led vaccination services.
Please follow the advice below.
- The COVID-19 vaccination is ONLY available from the NHS and it is FREE – you will never be asked to pay for it or give your bank details.
- If you receive a call you believe to be fraudulent, hang up.
- If you receive a text or email that you believe to be fraudulent please delete it. Please be assured that if you don’t respond because you are worried and it is a genuine text or email, you will remain on the vaccination list and be contacted again
- If you believe you have been the victim of fraud or identity theft you should report this directly to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040. Where the victim is vulnerable, report it to Sussex Police online or by calling 101.
Guidance on official NHS texts
- An official NHS text message from your GP practice will include their details such as the name of the Practice, group of Practices or the name of the Federation working on their behalf. It may also include details of the vaccination centre. Scam text messages and emails usually don’t include his information
- An official NHS text message from the national booking system will be a reminder text so will include details of your booked appointment include date, time and location
If you have any further concerns about something you have received please contact the Sussex COVID-19 vaccination programme team on firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Important information regarding images sent by email: please note that any digital image submitted as part of an online consultation/prior to a consultation will be stored within your clinical notes ***
CORONAVIRUS: SURGERY UPDATE
IMPORTANT - COVID-19 AND OUR CONTINUED EFFORTS IN KEEPING OUR PATIENTS AND STAFF SAFE DURING THE PANDEMIC (07.01.2021)
The practice is required to take all appropriate measures to protect patients and staff to ensure we can continue to deliver health care services to all patients safely.
With this in mind and social distancing measures remaining in place with a requirement to restrict the number of patients in our buildings, please read the following important surgery information:
- Our Pevensey Bay and Westham branch Surgeries, unfortunately, remain closed to walk in patients until further notice. Please do not attend either of these sites unless you have a pre‑booked appointment.
- Access to our Stone Cross building remains strictly for pre-booked appointments only.
- The Online Service for booking appointments remains suspended at this time because of Coronavirus as we need to continue to safely triage patients with presenting symptoms. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Therefore, if you require medical attention please ring the surgery and a member of our Reception Team will, where appropriate, arrange TELEPHONE TRIAGE with one of our clinicians in the first instance. If the clinician, then offers you a face-to-face appointment at the Surgery; before you attend please pay careful attention to and adhere to the following;
- We request that you please wear a face mask, or any type of face covering that covers the nose and mouth, when in the surgery building. We are unable to provide masks as these are in short supply.
- Please do not wear gloves as we have alcohol gel hand sanitiser for you to use.
- Please do not arrive early for your appointment as we are required to restrict the number of patients in the building.
- Please do not bring family or friends to appointments unless the patient is a child or you need assistance from another person.
If you develop a new continuous cough, a fever or a loss of taste and smell DO NOT COME TO THE SURGERY. Please ring the surgery and cancel your appointment. For the latest information on Coronavirus please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
In addition, to reduce footfall through the Surgery, please do not come in just to request your repeat prescriptions or to drop off your samples. Please use our letterbox. Samples need to be clearly labelled with your name and date of birth. Please also ensure the lid is firmly sealed. You can also order your repeat medication through your local pharmacy, order online or email us directly at email@example.com All prescriptions will need to go via the electronic prescription service. If you are not already set up for this, please contact the reception team to nominate your chosen pharmacy. We will not be holding your prescription at the Surgery for collection.
We ask that you kindly adhere to all the guidance above and we thank you for your continued understanding at this difficult time.